2012 on Flickr.
Well at this time of year I like to look back at the year if nothing more to remind myself what I’ve been doing. Its been one of ups and downs both photographically and elsewhere, but I have to say the ups this year have outweighed the downs, in no particular order:
- I’ve experimented more than ever
- I’ve learnt to develop film
- I have a new camera
- I’ve learnt to manually focus
- I cracked my ribs trying to get that last photo
- I smashed my camera / lens / tripod to smithereens
- I shot lots with my Rollieflex
- I was runner up in LPOTY (urban)
- I was paid by a magazine for some shots
- I grew a beard
- I’ve travelled
- I met old friends
- I met new friends
- I lost touch with people
- I’ve been in so much pain I cried - twice
- I took lots of pictures and published very few
- I’ve started a long term project
- I’ve been to the beach very rarely and took very few seascapes
- I moved to google+, and then back again to flickr
- I was published in magazines and a couple of books too
So all in all its been an eventful year, one that I’ve really enjoyed, but I didn’t hit my goals for the year although they probably weren’t that realistic.
As for next year who knows, I do have some goals for the year - hopefully they’re more realistic and more achievable.